What is an Autoresponder?
Amazingly enough, there are still many people trying to market a product, or service, online who do not know the answer to that question. The best place to find an answer is the world wide web.
A few hours of Googling resulted in a long list of definitions. I’ll give you a few :
- “An auto-responder is a script that automatically responds to email with one or more pre written messages. Other names for Autoresponders are: mailbots, mailbots, inhabits, autoptic and email-on-demand.”
- “An Autoresponder is an e-mail program located on a mail server, set up with single or multiple pre-programmed messages.”
- “Very simply, an Autoresponder is a bit of software that sits on a server and automatically delivers your information to anyone who asks for it.”
- “An Autoresponder is just what it sounds like. It is software that automatically responds to e-mailthat is sent to it.”
What is the benefit of Autoresponder in your business!
Continue reading, and you will have your answers.
- “An Autoresponder is A Seller Who Never Sleeps”
- “An Autoresponder is the Cheapest Personal Assistant you will ever hire”
- “Your Autoresponder, combined with savvy marketing is the speediest way to immediately boost business!”
- “Email Autoresponders are a time saving tool that send your selling message out automatically at standard intervals.”
- “An Autoresponder is an immense time saver.”
- “An Autoresponder turns visitors into buyers”
- “Auto-responders make the difference between having a website that works hard for you and you constantly having to work hard for your website”
Read Also : 12 Email Marketing Tips: What To Do, What Not To Do
Continue reading –> Why do I need an Autoresponder.
Following up with an autoresponder will dramatically increase the number of sales you close. The first time visitors arrive on your site and request additional information or a special report, they obviously have an interest but the time may not be right for them.
When visitors to your site have requested additional information, free software or an eBook, for example, you know you have a real prospect. Rather than being an intrusion, your message is welcomed.
Your autoresponder can capture the contact information (name end email address) that can automatically be entered into your prospect database. You now have two keys to a sale. The first key is a receptive prospect. The second key is their contact information.
Each visitor to your site who requests more information is a hot lead for your business. Don’t ignore these people. It takes time to establish rapport and answer all a potential customer’s questions and concerns.
An autoresponders can “buy” you all the time you need to build that trust and establish value. Autoresponders demonstrate your professionalism. Their use tells the client you have anticipated their needs and have everything they will need.
Help your future customers to buy from you. Address all their concerns. Demonstrate the value you offer. Make it easy to buy from your site. Provide your potential customers with the assurance they need, show them that they will be able to figure out how to use your product and prove that they will be getting all the features they need to do the job.
Don’t let prospects fade away because you don’t have time to personally contact them. Persistently go after the sale. These potential clients will likely be buying from somewhere. It should be from your site. Frankly, if you don’t follow-up, you will be losing sales. The best way to follow-up is with autoresponders. No, the only way to follow-up is with autoresponders.
Continue reading –> 3 Types of Autoresponder?
When it comes to automating your business, you have a tremendous variety of autoresponder choices. Finding a decent hands-on review off the various options was also very rare. To simplify the decision, I have separated them into three main categories. The right choice for you depends on your programming skills and what features you need for your specific situation.
As a rule of thumb, I believe it is best to put a system in place that will handle not just your current needs, but also your anticipated needs for your future growth. The right autoresponder system of course can actually help you grow much faster.
Here are the three main categories I group autoresponders under for my reviews:
Self Hosted Autoresponder –
These are scripted applications that you must install on a web server. Once installed these programs are accessed via a web browser. These tools are normally written in PHP, Perl, ASP, or some other scripted language. Quite often they require a database backend as well such as: mySQL.
Utilizing one of these programs normally requires some basic knowledge of the scripting language it is written in, but not always. Many providers of these programs will install their application for you. If you are a webmaster, a professional marketer, or have your own web space at an ISP to utilize, then this may be the choice for you.
Hosted Autoresponder –
These solutions are similar to the locally hosted solutions in that they are normally scripted web applications but they are utilized by a subscription based service. This option is very popular as the end user doesn’t need to maintain a scripted program, a database, or even a web server.
Programs vary but the main providers are very good and have been around a long time. Normally the price is also quite fair, but if you are running a medium to large size operation you may outgrow this option quickly.
Mailer Software –
As the name implies these are programs that run directly on your workstation. Of all the solutions these are perhaps the easiest to operate as well as maybe the most cost effective. Typically these options have very good filter tools for your email lists and often good database support.
The obvious drawback is that the program must be connected to the internet in order to operate. Also a 56K connection will not suffice and broadband in some form should only be considered. Overall using this solution will get you started the fastest but may be quite easy to outgrow as well.
Read Also : Free Email Marketing Tips : How To Maximize Benefits From Email Marketing Tools
Continue reading –> 7 Autoresponder Methods
Here are 7 valuable ways to use your autoresponder for marketing and other email purposes.
- The most important and obvious method is to immediately follow up your subscriptions with a sequential responder gently reminding them about your particular product or service.
- Collect leads with your autoresponder. You will get an email digest of everyone’s email addresses that requests information from your autoresponder.
- Offer your subscribers information closely relating to their topic of interest. If your readers are interested in hammers, they are likely interested in nails as well.
- Offer a promotional coupon, discount or other incentive via email for use with your product or service.
- Publish a price list of all the products and services that you offer. You could also include order forms, product descriptions, and other sales material.
- Instead of answering every customer question that’s emailed to you, publish “Frequently Asked Questions” in autoresponder format. This will save time and money.
- Upsell wisely. Offer products related to your website packaged in a format that is not intrusive. Be clever here and try stacking your offers inside a related article mentioning the item. Avoid hitting a users inbox with just offers and no new content.
Best Email Marketing Tools : Kickstarter 30 – Day Trial Promo
We hope these tips are useful for you. If you liked or think that they can serve someone else, share them on your social networks and we will be eternally grateful to you =)